Characteristics of a Successful Applicant: With you in this critical role, CATCO will intentionally work toward becoming a nationally recognized, anti-racist contemporary theatre company that anchors a thriving local theatre ecosystem in Columbus, Ohio.
The person for this position is committed to outstanding theatre education while ensuring young people and adults have meaningful experiences with CATCO programming. You are someone who cares deeply about artist educator development through theatre. You have a passion for facilitating theatrical and educational communal experiences in classrooms and in the community. You are empathetic toward others and are an active, engaged listener. You are people-focused at all times and possess the highest level of integrity.
This team player is able to work collaboratively and independently. The position requires the ideal candidate to have the skills necessary to make independent decisions within the moment that are aligned with CATCO’s vision, mission, and purpose. You will bring an empathetic demeanor and strong work ethic in this role with all young people and adults.
This position requires a satisfactory background check; CATCO will determine the level of background check required based upon current industry standards for individuals working with youth.
Primary Function: The CATCO Education Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and supervision of various education programs, including overseeing facilitation of CATCO’s Theatre Education curriculum in a variety of settings, such as in-school or after-school residencies, in-house CATCO classes, in-house summer programs, off-site classes, and other educational formats as determined and assigned by the Education Director. Working with the Education Director, the Education Coordinator will oversee the administration of educational programming. The Education Coordinator will serve as an important member of the Theatre Education team. This job requires a combination of in-person and remote work, as well as a willingness to work a flexible schedule that is communicated in advance and will require weekend and evening work as needed for classes and special events.
Additional Information: This is a full-time, salaried exempt position. The selected candidate will be eligible for CATCO’s benefit package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), complimentary tickets to productions, and professional development opportunities for personal and professional growth (as funding allows). The salary range for this position is $36,000 – $38,000.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating logistics for CATCO’s Theatre Education programs, including but not limited to in- and out-of- school residencies, and on site classes.
- Processing and tracking documents and correspondence that may include program applications, ticket and scholarship forms, adjudication reports, registrations, and participation forms.
- Communicating relevant information to participants in CATCO Theatre Education programs in a timely, professional, and consistent basis.
- Teaching residencies, classes, and summer programs as needed.
- Supervising part-time Artist Educators, with support from the Education Director.
- Attending CATCO Theatre Education events including classes, workshops, auditions, rehearsals, and performances as required.
- Facilitating set-up and check-in of classes, workshops, auditions, meetings, and rehearsals.
- Researching and preparing written information for educational materials, including materials for resource guides, newsletters, marketing materials, and other theatre education materials as necessary.
- Administering surveys or assessments and collecting data for program evaluation.
- Representing CATCO in the best possible light through a high standard of professionalism and conduct.
- Communicating frequently with the Education Director via educational reports and email.
- Performing additional duties as assigned by the Education Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to effectively present the department’s priorities, policies, and positions to third parties.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to meet all established deadlines.
- Knowledge of theatre and its education requirements, including terminology and skill sets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to apply both learned and experiential knowledge to the development of adults and youth.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse disciplines.
- Basic understanding of Ohio’s Learning Standards with the ability to apply them to Theatre Education Standards.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, as well as shared computer apps for organizing communication, documentation, and meetings.
- Comfortable using various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram a plus.
Credentials and Experience:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in theatre, education, arts management, or related field or have equivalent experience.
- Have 1-3 years related work background and experience in theatre, ideally supervising adults and youth in classroom and performing arts settings.
- Experience in a variety of school settings, a plus.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours for classes and events, as required.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to multiple school and community-based locations for residencies and classes.
Additional Requirements: This position will require a satisfactory background check; CATCO will determine the level of background check required based on current industry standards for individuals working with youth. Additionally, CATCO takes the health and safety of our artists, teachers, staff and patrons seriously. In order for us to meet and engage in live theatre and learning experiences that take place in person, we require that all staff be fully vaccinated (2 doses and a booster of the vaccine) against COVID-19.
Required Application Materials: Online application resume, cover letter to CATCO Education Director, that outlines why you are interested in the position. The position is open until filled, early applications will be given priority.